Products::Rifle Barrels::Prethreaded and Chambered Barrels
These barrels, supplied already threaded, chambered, crowned and polished by Shilen, are available in all Shilen contours and chamberings. To complete a beautifully precise fitting job, the gunsmith must add just a few finishing touches.
In the machining processes, Shilen nearly-completed barrels are given the same care and dedication as our custom barrel installations. They must meet Shilen standards of chamber and barrel thread alignment, which are vital to fine accuracy. Crowns are cut with equal care and precision.
All barrels are rifled to criteria we've developed in years of involvement in benchrest competition, and are, of course, warranted against defects in materials and workmanship. The bores of every one of these barrels must air gauge to the uncompromising dimensions listed in the Shilen Rifle Barrels data sheet.
Each barrel exterior is polished to a 180-grit finish. The bores of these barrels are supplied lapped, barrels are crowned at customer's specified length and all chambers come already polished.
To complete the job, the gunsmith need only accomplish these steps:
1. Check for correct thread mating of barrel to receiver. Barrel thread is standard size, but variations in action threads
could mean an overly tight or loose fit.
2. Cut shoulder for the correct headspace. The chamber is cut .010" to .015" deeper than standard dimensions to allow for this.
3. Outside finish the barrel, if required.
Available in threading for:
• Remington Model 700, 600, XP-100, 40-X Centerfire
• Sako 1960 L Series, 1980 A Series, 1990 M Series
• Weatherby Mark V Temporarily Suspended.
• Winchester Model 70, Post 64 only - ** Let us know if they are 16 or 28 TPI **
• Ruger® Model 77 • Mauser 98 • Mauser 96
• Browning A-bolt - **Requires customer to provide desired thread diameter and pitch** Temporarily Suspended.
For each barrel, please specify the following.
1. Barrel Grade
2. Stainless Steel or Chrome-moly
3. Cartridge/Caliber (see Shilen Cartridge Chamberings data sheet)
5. Contour #
6. Finish Length
7. Action Make (see list above)
Because these are special-order barrels, we must require prepayment. Sorry, no C.O.D.s. Please see our Price List for current prices.
Back to top.